Tuesday 13 November 2007

Using NLP

Since doing the communications course at work I have been putting in
to practice more NLP than before.
Decided to review my NLP notes every morning to remind myself and
revise the subject before I start work. It has been working well as I
have started to profile people in meetings i.e. big chunk, mismatch,
options, visual. So I have worked out their filters and their
communication's styles for the future which will help me build rapport
with them on a on going basis. I have noticed with the people I work
with in a technical area it can be hard to always pick up on the clues
as they are always very factual and the information is very well
rehearsed so you don't get to see the eye accessing clues immediately.

I never mentioned on my CV or in interview that I have studied NLP and
using to influence and persuaded people. Management jobs often ask for
someone with good influence and persuasion skills. I think I have
mentioned it as I was worried what impression it may give or they may
find it geeky. Decided to change that have listed it on my CV and will
talk about it in interviews as well. I think it will show myself to
extremely strong persuasion skills as I know have studied it and can
show examples of how it works. I can use the NLP as a selling point,
part of my personal brand.


No comments: