Wednesday 5 September 2007

Good and Bad day

Weighed my self this morning and seemed to have put 2 pounds back on. Hmmmmm. Noticed before that on a new diet and execrise routine that things tend to rebound and level out on the 2nd to 3rd weeks. I think its my body getting use to less food and more execrise. Muscles have increased. So using NLP to model myself I will try and keep going for another 3 weeks before I panic and loss heart. Hopefully this is just an adjustment period.

Went running last night. As part of my new routine I am trying to go running 2-3 times a week, previously finding the time was difficult as I have a new baby. I am get my run in at 9pm now to fit it in, where as before I use to run at 6pm back couldn't anymore due to our new arrival.


Organised an informal team meeting for every Friday in the canteen. Like a coffee morning or mothers meeting!!!!
This week I have though of an interesting exercise in the meeting. I going to ask everyone to write down the 5 most powerful people we work with, not necessarily the one with the title but the people that can make things happen. Why? I have been reading a book on office politics and it suggest the power vacuum cause large amount of politics and team disharmony. Interested to know who we think from our different perspectives in the company has the real power.

Finished the changes to my web site yesterday http://prepay.pretendafriend.co.uk. Finished much quicker than I thought I would. My PHP is that bad plus I used only parts of only programs and code off the web to get it done. NLP would say I modeled my own and other people. They say there is nothing new under the Sun, therefore the road to success is to model the successful. Why waste your time going through that discovery period if someone else has done it for you.




No comments: