Monday 3 September 2007

Over the weekend

The diet has been going well I have managed to stick to my mission statement. This is basically to eat my set meals and cut out snacking. I have also managed to go running on Saturday and went for a couple of walks as well into town and round a friends(about 30mins in each direction). Did have a takeway Saturday, but didn't over order and didn't over eat. I will see on Wednesday how well its gone once I weigh in.

Cleaned up and organised some rooms in the house over the weekend. The house looks a lot better and has encouraged me to finish it off in the couple of months.

Started some changes as well to my web site as well. Hasn't taken as long as I thought it would.

I mention all this as part of strategy NLP as I have set myself some goals for the end of the year. Goal setting is an important part of NLP and Strategy, so I am going to use it in my life out side business as well.

Goals
- Lose 14 pounds by 1st Jan 2008
- Get offered a new Job by 1st Jan 2008
- Organise house, get rooms used for their function rather than a dumping ground. 1st Jan 2008
- make changes to website, new look and functions by 1st Jan 2008.

Was thinking about how to build the team at work over the weekend. After discussing with a success relative I have thought about a few ideas. This all comes under Character based leadership from Art of War and is an important part of strategy.

- Creating a team identity
- Showing them how the contribute to the profit of the company. Get this published.

Going to get team t-shirts for everyone. Organise a weekly Friday morning informal meeting over a cup of coffee in the canteen. This instead of the formal boring monthly meetings, which are difficult to get the whole team to attend due to project commitments and holidays.

Going to work out the monetary value of the work they do on projects and discuss this in the team meetings. Plus get it published to a wide audience to help promote team and positively reinforcement job role in the company.

No comments: