Friday 7 September 2007

Walk then run

Still feel like I should off lost weight, but haven't.

Had friend round last night and we got a Chinese take way. I had the sizzling beef and steamed rice in an attempt to curb the calories.

Ran my first new regime of informal team meetings today and it all seemed to go okay. Ran the exercise of who we all thought the most powerful people in the company were. Very interesting results and a big variance in the types of people picked. We had the obvious board members and team singled out as they have power as they can stop everything from happening as their processes are so complicated and time consuming.

Decided on my NLP training to go back to basics. Been trying to get into the complex things to eraly on and have l;ost my way. Think I need to learn to do the NLP walk before I do the NLP run. So back to basics, eye accessing cue, frames of reference - visual/feelings/audio etc. Matching their preferences and build rapport.

Got a book about metaphors and NLP the other day. I think this is an example of me getting ahead of myself, will have to read in in the next few weeks as its a loan.




No comments: