Wednesday 2 July 2008

Feedback not failure

One of the elements of the weight loss podcast is about setting your
self in an environment for success rather then failure. If for
example you have nothing but crisps, chocolate and sweets in the house
this what you will eat. If you have however in your cupboards fresh
fruit and vegetables then this is all you can eat.

Currently my wife is pregnant and she has the habit of buying lots of
sweets or recently making her own fudge. Normally this food wouldn't
be in our house and I don't feel like I can complain because I know it
is a temporary thing. I have given in to temptation and been eating
pieces of the fudge every night. As they say in the podcast "only
thing you can't resist is temptation". It does seem to have had a
knock on effect as now I have given into one thing I feel like I am
more likely to give into others as well. It appears I have lost my
momentum on weight slightly. I need to regain my momentum and find a
way to resist.

I decided to see this as not as "failure but as feedback". Got to have
to live with it so use it as an opportunity to use the NLP/mind
techniques to try and resist and reaffirm my goals of losing weight.

No comments: