Thursday 3 July 2008

Learning points

In a meeting today and asked for comments based on a document I had
sent to a vendor. it was suggested we give a quick overview first in
order to get the discussion started. I realised I hadn't really
prepared for the meeting or thought about what I was going to say.
Decided to take this as feedback and created two learning points.

1) prepare every morning for each meeting and decided what points I
need to get across. Make a few notes it refer to in the meeting.

2) Giving an overview ion the meeting was a good idea and relates back
the Sleight of Mouth patterns ,"Model of the World". I present the
model of the world as I believe it to be and this will either confirm
peoples beliefs or give them something counter argue against. Either
way it creates a discussion point and focus for the discussions.

So how to go about point number 1). I realised I need to do a number
of things each morning to start my day off correctly, so I have
decided to create a morning schedule.

I going off to write it now and then will post it on the blog.

No comments: