Thursday 17 July 2008

more states and VAK

Found out yesterday I have been mapped into position in the company I
work in, that I am not happy about.

Initial reactions was obviously upset, but I didn't react badly to
anyone I felt the SWISH pattern kicked in and I was able to distance
myself long enough to think about calmly.

This gave me time to think and formulate a plan. I discovered once I
had this plan in place I felt much more relaxed about my future and
was able to disassociate myself from the process, allowing me to put
forward reasoned arguments about my mapping being incorrect.

Following the plan today to try and get it all sorted out. The SWISH
pattern and the anchoring bought me the time to think about it more
rationally. I have tried to remember the good feeling of waiting and
planning my response, instead of just reacting.

No comments: