Monday 11 August 2008

Example of a successful email

This week to concentrate on filters and meta/milton model of language.

Went through an email on Friday that a number of people had replied to
saying it was a good email and they totally agreed with it, and it put
the message across very well. So have gone through it trying to work
out which filters I had used, plus which parts of the Milton/meta
model were involved as well.

I thought if I could try and model it I could recreate the success.

I also have an email on which I received negative feedback saying it
was bad and got peoples backs up. Going to go through this as well and
try and find why it upsets people. Can I model my failings so as to
avoid them in the future.

My successfull email used the following filters and models:-

overall
Disassociated language non emotional refers to a group of people or
wider company rather than how it affects me or my team.

Presupposition of a number of things to make them true.
i.e.
We have lots of experience.
We have researched etc
We can help

Agrees with the work they are doing and works with them to a defined goal.
Towards language to achieve a joint goal creating a vision. Big chunk
as doesn't require specific details and gives that big picture vision.

Precision language when explaining our issues so no room to respond
and find flaws. Thus needs small chunk detail to get point across.

Linkage of issues with reasons to work towards the goals I have
represented. Links issues to our resolutions, puts forward outcome
thinking (outcome state, living in the solution) rather than problem
thinking (living in the issues)

Some away language when appropriate about discussing loss of revenue,
but with a towards goal to resolve.

No comments: