Tuesday 19 August 2008

Logical levels of change walk through

Been reviewing logical levels of change from my NLP book and some
information retrieved off the internet. The book suggest working
through the levels of change for yourself in order to understand it
better and then be able to apply to other people.

So I did this yesterday, I stepped through each level working out what
it meant to me it terms of my working career. I started at Environment
and worked my way up to Purpose and back down again.

It was a very useful exercise. I discovered I did a number of things
that were at odds with my purpose, my behaviours didn't always match
up and the environment I worked in or create weren't 100% aligned.

So I noted the areas that were out of alignment and have an action
plan to resolve in order to align my logical levels. This should bring
about a more consistent message to those around me and greater sense
of purpose and well being. We shall see. I have added to my morning
schedule the list of things I need to change so I am reminded every
morning I how I need to align.

Below is the logical levels of change I worked through.

Level
Questions corresponding to logical levels

Spirituality/Purpose
Who else? For whom? This can be viewed as your connection to a larger system.

Identity/Mission
Who? Who are you as an individual or company? What role do you play
to achieve your purpose? How do you think of yourself as a
person/organization – i.e. I am a successful person.

Beliefs and Values
Why? Why do you do something? What do you believe in or value? As an
individual, you may believe you can do anything you choose. Or you may
value honesty. From a company perspective, the company may value good
customer service and/or the well-being of staff.

Capabilities/Strategies
How? How do you go about doing things? As an individual or company,
what are your capabilities, skills, strategies or action plans?

Behaviours
What? What are your behaviours?

Environment
Where? When? With Whom? Where, when and with whom do you display your
behaviours? What are the external influences on you?

No comments: