Thursday 21 August 2008

Putting it altogether

Had a hearing around my mapping the other day. It was very interesting
from an NLP point.

Firstly I was able to stay calm through out the entire meeting. I
never got upset, I always allowed people to get their point across, I
never interrupted,in total I behaved very professionally. I think this
will help my case massively as it shows me as a rationale and sensibly
person. I didn't allow myself to drawn on emotionally response or
emotionally reasoning why things had occurred. I didn't point ht
finger or make it personal. I think I was able to maintain this good
sate through some of the previous SWISH exercise I had done and the
understanding of physiology and state. I leaned back every time I felt
I was getting to associated, this help be disconnect from the
situation and allowed my to think clearly and response concisely and
intelligently. I think the leaning back has become a trigger/anchor
for me to relax and stay calm, as I have used this recently in the
past to help me stay cool , I think it has become anchor.

I also decide to mental relive this situation and anchor it to squeeze
of my knee. The hope is I can trigger it in the future if required
when in an intense situation.

When responding with a clear mind I was able to pick up the filters
being used by one of the interviewers. He used the words 'hear my out'
and 'let me say my piece', I always did and picked up on the fact he
used these specific auditory filters. I respond in my calm state,' I
think your voiced that point very well I agree with parts of it'.

I also felt I matched the body language as much as possible and tried
to keep eye contact with both my interviewers. I always find it easy
to match body language, it seems to one of the things that comes
naturally to me or I have been doing it so long its becomes an
unconscious reaction.

I was also able to apply a few SoM sleight of mouth patterns when
talking to them and putting forward my point.

Analogy pattern to describe a similar situation that would also be
unacceptable, that was outside the context of work.

Counter example of how I was wrongly mapped in comparison to other
people. This also connects into an 'Art of War' strategy as I have
given them an easy way out by not making about everyone ion the
mappings just myself.

Chunk down into specially why it was a problem and showed the
consequence of the belief in terms of my career.

I also suggested possible intentions behind the actions of the
mappings by saying 'I don't why it happened, I have no substantial
proof that it was intentional or purposefully done to remove me and
bring in their friend, or whether it was a mis understanding, or was
due to laziness or clumsiness.' This is using the intention SoM I have
drawn attention to a belief by saying I don't know if it was any of
these things, but it has clearly placed the possibility in their minds
it could have been done with to fulfil their own purpose.

I also found a few bits of email evidence that supports my belief of
Intention. Plus it is pre-emptive counter example strike if they deny
knowledge of career history.

I should find out in 3-4 weeks time.

No comments: